General Railroad Sites:
- The Lost Engines of Roanoke - My other site, all about the four Norfolk & Western steam locomotives rusting away in a Roanoke scrapyard.
- Steam Locomotive dot Com - Wes Barris' list of surviving steam locomotives in the U.S. and Canada
- Steam Locomotive dot Info - Doug Bailey's image database of surviving steam locomotives around the world
- Railway Preservation News - an online news magazine about railroad preservation
- Washington State Steam Railroads and Locomotives - a website with lots of information and photos about tourist lines and park engines in Washington State.
- Brian Case's Railroad Links - a searchable list of links to railroad-related sites
- Bill Adams' homepage - lots of interesting prototype and model R.R. photos, including the East Broad Top and a now-scrapped "lost engine" in Maryland (from the Wayback Machine web archive)
- The Walker Transportation Collection - A wealth of historical information and images of transportation in New England, including railroads as well as ships, planes, and road vehicles.
- The Archer (Florida) Historical Society - This organization maintains the depot museum in Archer, Florida
- The Baldwin Diesel Zone - A railfan website dedicated to Baldwin diesel locomotives
- Minnesota Transportation Museum - MTM operates the Osceola & St. Croix Valley Railroad in Osceola, Wisconsin and the Jackson Street Roundhouse museum in St. Paul, Minnesota
- The O. Winston Link Museum - Preserving the legacy of famed N&W photographer O. Winston Link
Steam Railroads and Operating Locomotives:
- Spokane, Portland & Seattle 700 - The last surviving Northern Pacific designed 4-8-4, operated by the Pacific Railroad Preservation Association.
- Milwaukee Road 261 - A classic 4-8-4 running main line excursions in the Upper Midwest.
- The A1 Locomotive Trust - With their brand new A1 Pacific no. 60163 Tornado now an operating locomotive, this group in Britain has proven that nothing is impossible!
Steam Locomotive Restoration Projects:
- Great Western 6880 Betton Grange - another British locomotive class being resurrected from extinction.
- Duluth & Northeastern 14 - A classic Baldwin 2-8-0 being restored to steam by the California Locomotive Preserve for operation on the Fillmore & Western Railway.
- West Virginia Northern 8 & 9 - After many years in private storage in Pennsylvania, these Baldwin 2-8-0's are back in West Virginia in the care of the West Virginia Railroad Museum, with plans to restore no. 9 to steam.
- Great Lakes Vessel Passage - Also known as "boatnerd.com", the online source for Great Lakes shipping information
- The Nomadic Preservation Society - The last surviving White Star Line vessel, S.S. Nomadic was built in 1911 as a tender for the Olympic and Titanic, and is now being preserved in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Save-the-Delta-Queen.org - An appeal to save the legendary sternwheeler Delta Queen, which may be forced into retirement in 2008.
To add a link or report a broken link, please email: